Friday, February 25, 2011

Poppies

Dear Friend,

I have sold several poppy paintings over the years.  In the past they have always been red/red orange with white or olive background.  This is my first pink (honeysuckle) and turquoise poppy painting.


                                                 Click on Pictures for Larger View





                                                                Closeup


   


                                             In a virtual room
                                             (size not exact)                                                                   

Painting details, this work is 16x20 a standard size that fits department store frames.  It is painted in acrylics and is on gallery wrapped canvas with the sides painted, ready to hang. (My standard pricing applies to this work 1.00 per square inch length x width).


It is only right that I mention my best teacher (I have had many),  he was the only one that showed me the artists eye.
Fred  Leach OWS AWS/DF 1924-2006 , I was fortunate enough to study under him for over 6 years.  This link has some of his art.
 http://www.cantonart.org/ArtGateway/collection/l/leach-graywaters.html
Fred worked for American Greetings for many years, he also taught at the Cleveland Institute of Art, he was a chartered member of The Ohio Watercolor Society, and had the prestigious Dolphin Fellowship award from the American Watercolor Society.  I learned from him in his retirement years.  I met Fred at Baycrafters and after some time the class was moved to my garage studio, (about 12 artists).
Over those years I collected several of Freds paintings which I will share in a later blog.

joyce